The Arches at Dean Clough, in Halifax is one of my favourite wedding venues. I just wanted to share some of my insights and tell you about why I love it!
- It’s got bags of character for more laid back, less traditional weddings. It’s in an old Yorkshire Mill dating back to the 1840’s. The gorgeous big windows let in plenty of light, and there are so many fab backgrounds for photographs, come rain or shine.
2.It comes with twinkly lights!! These look epic in photographs and add a super romantic atmosphere.
3. You can make it your own. No ugly clashing carpets in sight. The styling is neutral, and you can bring in your own personal touches, whatever your taste.
4. There’s LOADS of room. A seriously brilliant space for dancing, and for kids running around! There’s also chill out areas with comfy sofas. There’s even room to have a drive-in, camper van Photo Booth!
5. There’s loads of cool spots nearby for urban photographs. Don’t worry about there not being a fancy manicured lawn…… this place offers a lot more. So many interesting, quirky backdrops within a couple of minutes walk. I love taking more unique wedding photographs here.
6. They don’t shove the cake in the corner by the fire extinguisher!
Trust me, unfortunately 90% of venues do. You’ve probably spent lots of time, and/or money on your cake… The Arches has the perfect spot, framed in an old window frame, where your guests can see all it’s cakey glory! It makes the ‘traditional cake cutting moment’ so much more fun too.
7. The staff are ace! So friendly and helpful. They are happy to take on board your own ideas for your wedding and make it your own. They will also let you throw your confetti inside (again, lots of venues say no to this, even though you’ve shelled out on your wedding with them!)
8. And finally, the food is fantastic!! No tiny portions in sight, and from experience they are fantastic at catering for vegetarians & vegans alike. Absolutely delicious. If you want your guests to be well fed, and still talking about the meal months later….you got it here!
All photographs in this post were taken at The Arches, Dean Clough, by Katie Byram Photography.